Whether it’s your first home purchase, relocation purposes or simply a growing family, everyone has a different reason for choosing to purchase a new home. New homes offer the latest designs, style, comfort and quality. They provide a care-free lifestyle so that you can enjoy your home, not work on it.
Today’s new Signature homes offer more benefits than ever before and NewHomeSource shares some of the reasons why so many homebuyers prefer new to used:
1) Building Community: New home buyers have something in common – the fact that they are starting fresh and building a new community and neighborhood together.
2) All New: A used home likely has tired products that may soon need replacing. Your new home — and the products that comprise it — are brand-new. What’s the cost to replace a roof, appliances, countertops or a water heater on a used home? Those components of your new home feature the latest designs and building materials and should offer you years of comfort and enjoyment before needing replacement.
3) Energy and Cost Savings: Today’s new homes are far more energy efficient than homes built just five years ago. Versus homes built ten or 20 years ago, its game over, advantage new. Why settle for drafty, energy-wasting, single-pane windows in a used home? Many new homes offer double or even triple-pane windows. Special window coatings and inert gases between the layers of glass are often available, saving you even more energy and money in both heating and cooling season.
4) Comfort and Indoor Air Quality: Today’s new homes meet stringent energy standards and codes not in place in the past. They combine high-performance energy efficiency with state-of-the-art ventilation and air filtration. The result is year-round, draft-free comfort and higher indoor air quality.
5) Low Maintenance: Today’s new homes have open floor plans and high ceilings that reflect the way we live today. They’re also made of cutting-edge building products that require less care and maintenance. Another plus? The latest building systems and components are designed and engineered to work together.
6) Advanced Technology and Design: It’s possible to replace all of the single-pane windows in a resale home with today’s high-performance windows. It’s also possible to add insulation to a used home. However, it’s very expensive to replace dated appliances, cabinets and countertops in a used home — and you still won’t have the high ceilings you dream of on the first floor of an older two-story home. All are reasons to build your new home your way, to reflect the way you live today.
7) Safety: State-of-the-art circuit breakers. Electric garage door openers with infrared beams that stop if a tricycle or child is too near. High-efficiency furnaces and air conditioners that use the latest environmentally-friendly coolants. Cabinets, carpets and paints that use fewer volatile organic compounds, so that you and your family can breathe easier.
8) That New Home Feel: A used home was someone else’s dream, not yours. It reflects their choices and family memories. You may learn to love avocado-green appliances (and you may be willing to scrub stained countertops or grease-encrusted ovens and cooktops) but more and more people prefer that never lived-in feel.
Superior quality, versatile design, uncompromising value, desirable locations and green building are just a few of the defining characteristics Signature Homes has embraced for more than 30 years. With a reputation based on character and a track record of satisfied homeowners, we invite you to create your own Signature moments, and memories to last a lifetime, in a new Signature Home.
Be sure to follow Signature Homes on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram as we share news and updates about our exciting new home communities as well as helpful homeowner tips.