Flexible living spaces are becoming increasingly popular, and for a good reason. They can be a great way to make your home more comfortable with the added flexibility of having an open plan or separate rooms as needed!
As you begin your journey of buying a new home, why not consider a house that includes a flex space like our community Cardiff at River Islands in Lathrop, CA?
A flex room may be customized for just about anything. There are a few things to consider when planning this space, such as the location in the house and the use of that space. For instance, to optimize privacy and the ability to focus, you may not want to install a home office next to your busy kitchen or great room. You want to be able to focus and have a certain level of privacy in your flex room. It’s important to find a space that suits your needs; no matter what you use your flex room for, make sure it’s a space that feels like home.
If you’re looking for some inspiration on how to use your room and make the most of this versatile space, take a look at our Top 5 ways to use a flex room space:
1. Home office: If you work from home or need a quiet space to get some work done, a flex room makes the perfect home office. Add a desk, comfortable chair, and beautiful storage shelves to create a workstation with your ideal combination of style and functionality. Set up a green screen for a professional background during Zoom calls, and you’re ready for your meeting!
2. Playroom: Have young kids or grandchildren? Transform your flex room into a playroom where they can let their imaginations run wild. Design a magical space by painting a colorful mural on one wall. Create the best toy chest ever filled with fun things inside, like dress-up clothes, games, and puzzles they can work together to solve.
3. Home gym: A home gym is a great way to stay fit and healthy while adding the convenience of location. You can fill your space with traditional workout equipment like a treadmill and weights or enjoy more mindful yoga workouts by adding mats, candles (or oil diffusers), and plants.
4. Multimedia Room: Love to game or watch movies? Transform your flex room into the ultimate home theater with a big screen TV and surround sound system. Comfortable seating will make it easy to enjoy popcorn while watching all of those movies on Netflix or YouTube!
5. Mindful Room: Take the opportunity to create a personal space that relaxes you. Create an area where it’s just YOU and YOUR thoughts, without any distractions! Whether you like reading, meditating, or journaling, this space is the perfect way to unwind and set your intentions for a new day.
No matter how you decide to use your flex room, be sure to make it your own. Add some personal touches and make it a space you’ll enjoy.
If you’re interested in learning more about Signature Homes and our available communities, contact us today!