Bid farewell to 2016 and to Rose Quartz blended with Serenity as the star of the show. Go green as 2017 welcomes the new Pantone Color of the Year, Greenery 15-0343. Greenery is nature’s neutral. A refreshing and revitalizing shade, Greenery is symbolic of new beginnings.
Every year the Pantone Color Institute nominates a Color of the Year, forecasting which specific hue designers and consumers will likely be using, wearing, and buying for the following year. The 2017 COTY is a fresh and zesty yellow-green shade that evokes the first days of spring when nature’s greens revive, restore and renew. Illustrative of flourishing foliage and the lushness of the great outdoors, the fortifying attributes of Greenery signals consumers to take a deep breath, oxygenate and reinvigorate.
Here’s what Pantone has to say about the 2017 COTY:
“Satisfying our growing desire to rejuvenate and revitalize, Greenery symbolizes the reconnection we seek with nature, one another and a larger purpose.”
Greenery gives you the opportunity to blur the lines where inside meets outdoors — whether it’s a space in your kitchen, office or any room that needs a spot of color and a little added green life. Here are a few fabulous ways to make the introduction of this color duo to your Signature home:
– Accessorize: Integrate this zesty color by adding throw pillows, vases, lamps, side table or even artwork.
– Paint: Appealing in all finishes, matte, metallic and glossy, greenery pairs nicely with neutrals, brights, deeper shades, pastels, and metallics. Pull together your palette with color hues that tie together your look, use the duo as a solid wall choice or accent wall.
– Accents: Add a touch of color in your bathroom by bringing in a solid shower curtain with this color palette or accents to transform your space. Liven up your kitchen with new colorful appliances and dinnerware.
– Pair It: Whether you want to add a new comforter in the bedroom, chair or couch in the living area, pair it with neutrals to create a beautiful balance in any room.
– Fresh Flowers and Succulents: Green brings the outdoors in – select a hue that mimics the greenery outside. Try making a spring wreath, terrarium, mini living succulent picture or your own indoor herb garden.
A life-affirming shade, Greenery is also emblematic of the pursuit of personal passions and vitality. Get creative with this color blend that’s sure to find its way into your home and heart as your new color crush this year.
Be sure to follow Signature Homes on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram as we share news and updates about our exciting new home communities as well as helpful homeowner tips.